Here some notes and comments.
First attemptI started from an old CFL lamp, removing the fluorescent tube and the electronic ballast.
The LED power supply in the kit was round and fit perfectly the old CFL base.
The initial kit included the 10 Watt LED and a small square heat-sink with a fan.
I glued the LED to the heat-sink with a thermal compound and I attached the heat-sink to the CFL base using hot glue.
Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the first bulb replacement attempt.
It worked nicely until one day the fan broke down. Without the fan the temperature of the heat-sink was high enough to melt down the hot glue, detaching the heat-sink and the LED from the bulb base.
Second attemptI had to rebuild the lamp bulb.
This time I choose to have a passive heat-sink, so I ordered one round and big enough for the 10 Watt LED.
I decided to try the same method adopted for one of the desk lamp modifications.
Since the bulb base is around 2 inches diameter, I cut a piece of wood with that diameter.
Lee was able to drill and tap a hole in the heat-sink in order to screw it to the round piece of wood.
I did a hole in the bulb base to have the wires out and then I screwed the wood round piece to the bulb with 4 screws.
Here the lamp assembled and a detail of the attachment to the bulb base :
The only problem so far is that the bigger heat-sink prevent to use the lamp in many of my fixtures !!
Otherwise is working perfectly.